Remediation HTML Content
It is equally important to review the site content for accessibility. The Siteimprove Chrome Extension tool can be used to evaluate each page in a website. We have created the Installing and Using the Siteimprove Chrome Extension Tool Guide to assist you in identifying issues and barriers as well as resolving them. The tool does not identify all issues. The site must also be manually reviewed for ADA compliancy. We have provided a Website Accessibility Manual Review Checklist to assist you.
The following practices are no longer recommended as they do not meet Accessibility standards
- Using new window to open up documents and external websites without warning the user. This is very confusing to sightless users.
- Do not use bold text as a heading. Screen readers look for the semantic heading tag and will not see text that is bold as a heading.
- In the Hyperlink Manager Dialog box do not copy the url into the link text field. Copy the tooltip field for the link text.
- FY2010-2011 doesn't read out in a screen reader the way it does for sighted users. Need to use FY2010 to 2011 or FY2010 through 2011
- 6/12/2018 - 8/12/2018 does not read the same to both sighted users and screen readers. Use June 12, 2018 to August 12, 2018 instead.