Overview: Road to Training (ADA Document Remediation Training)
We have reorganized the current ADA Remediation training class based on research, feedback and lessons learned and will be implementing the new class in January 2021. Our goal is to provide our users a comprehensive training class where they can jump in at a designated time and only take the training they want. Then, if they want to review the TOPICS at a later time, they can go online and all of the following details of the class material and more, will be available to them. All ADA Training is being done on the STATE-Web Enterprise channel and you do NOT have to be a Member of that Team to have access.
Class is structured by TOPICS, and within each TOPIC are the Sub-TOPICS that will be covered
Each Sub-TOPIC within a TOPIC has related GUIDES, VIDEOS, PRACTICE DOCUMENT(s), CHECKLISTS, and ADDITIONAL TRAINING and REFERENCES, whenever applicable:
- VIDEOS are offered in 3 formats: (TEAMS) or (YouTube) or (CLASS-recordings from live-streaming class) and each video is only 10 minutes or less, depending on the topic so they can just review just that topic and not have to search the complete class video
- PRACTICE DOCUMENTS are 'bad', non-compliant documents that can be downloaded before the class. These documents can be used to practice the remediation techniques during class with the instructor, or after the class.
- GUIDES and CHECKLISTS are also available for reference
- Take the ENTIRE Class - OR -
- It is possible to access ONLY for the TOPIC(s) they are interested in learning
- Example: If they only want to learn about the Sub-Topic 3-Setup Adobe Tool, they can log on at the designated START TIME of 9:15 am and JOIN THE CLASS
- TIME is allowed for Questions and Answers at the end of the Class session.
- Class will have two instructors: one giving the Live training, another working with CHAT during Live Class
After the Class:
- All Materials covered in class are available at https://ada.nv.gov/home/Overview_Road_to_Training(N)/
- CLICK on the desired TOPIC or Sub-TOPIC to access guides, videos and practice documents
- Additional training resources are provided, which are NOT covered in the training classes. These resources can help you expand your knowledge of ADA and are listed at bottom of Class Agenda)
- All classes will be RECORDED and POSTED on this website within one day of the class and can be accessed in full or by sub-type (CLASS RECORDING- Entire Class)
- Rosters will also be posted along with a Feedback form to review the training you have taken.
ADA Document Remediation Training Classes Available:
#1: ADA Document Remediation Training Class Agenda - (LIVE-you will receive an email notification)
#2: ADVANCED PDF Remediation Training Class Agenda (Live)(coming February 2021-you will receive an email notification)
#3: ADA TOPICS of INTEREST (NOT INCLUDED in LIVE classes)
If you are interested in receiving notifications for future ADA Classes or Events, Please subscribe to our State ADA Listserv
Subscribe to State ADA Listserv Unsubscribe to State ADA Listserv
ALL classes above are available 24x7 by linking on the Course TOPICS or a specific Sub-Topics: Guides, Videos (YouTube) (Teams) (Class recordings), and practice documents are also available, whenever possible