Advanced Adobe Acrobat - Sub-Topics:
1. Merged Cells in a table (GUIDE) (Video 10 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Merged)
- Tag each cell
- Open tags pane
- New tag: Table
- Move all table cells into new table
- Make all table rows in new table
- Put all table data cells into correct table rows
- Set table headers in tags pane <TD> to
- Change color of cell as needed
- Make sure you have a copy of PDF before making
- Click on header cell and define scope and column
span to fix regularity issues
- Click on row header and change scope and row
span to fix regularity issues.
2. Associate table cell with headers (GUIDE) (Video 5 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Associate Header)
- Choose table editor and select table header and
give the table header a cell ID
- Select the corresponding cells and click on the
+ sign and associate them to the correct ID.
3. Tables with list and bullets (GUIDE) (Video 6 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Bullets)
- Strip out the content out of a table that does
not need to be in a table
- Use shift click to grab several items at once
- Re tag elements as a <H2>, <P>, or
<L> as needed
4. Creating Table of Content Links (GUIDE) (Video 3 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Table of Content)
- Best practice is to set up TOC in word document
- In PDF highlight text to link to a page
- Right click on highlighted text and create a
- “Link Action” select go to a page view, Select
- Scroll to the page that the TOC is going to be linked to and select “set link”
5. Creating a Fillable PDF (GUIDE) (Video 7 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Create Fillable)
- How to create a fillable from scratch
- Identify all form fields labelled correctly with name and tool tip
- Add and delete form fields
- How to add clear form button
- How to add submit button
6. (GUIDE) (Video 5 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Extract)
- Select the organize pages tool.
- Highlight the page to be extracted.
- Extract as a separate file and delete the current page in PDF.
- Remediate single page, check for errors, and save document.
- Import remediated page back into original document.
- Re-run accessibility checker.
7. Content Panel (GUIDE) (Video 4 min) (TEAMS) (YouTube) (Class) (PDF-Content Panel)
- How to artifact paths in the content panel.
- “Create Artifact” select page and select ok.
- Artifact paths, place, and text: individually or in groups.
- Verify that all containers are consolidated in the content panel.